Phloxen and Len both posted this Meme, and neither tagged me. But I’m stealing it.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I told someone, face to face, my two biggest secrets.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not keep all of them, but I still want to learn how to tango… Yes, I made some new ones, which are more reasonable.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but if they did, I would make sure no afterbirth got on my shoes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
An old man fell asleep next to me on a bench, and stopped breathing for awhil, but he started back up again.
5. What countries did you visit?
I visited Indiantown, where my father was raised, and that’s about as country as country gets. Wait, you mean foreign countries? ‘ve only left the US once and it was to go to Puerto Rico, so that doesn’t really count.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I already have it. I just want to keep it. “Mookie keep!”
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 1 – First time I hung out with Strutter socially. (We’d gone to lunch before that with co-workers)
December 21 – First birthday party I threw for myself, and it was awesome. I’m going to make it a yearly tradition
December 25 – First happy Christmas in a very long time, AND Strutter and I had the “let’s be exclusive” talk.
(The rest of the year was pretty uneventful in comparison)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’d say it’s a tie between convincing a wonderful girl that I’m worthy of her attention and losing weight.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I should have ended it with the Illinois girl sooner. We both knew it wasn’t going to work, and we dragged it out too long. She ended it over a year ago, and we just couldn’t admit it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have a shit-ton of bruises and scratch marks all over my arms, chest, back and sides to the point that it looks like I got in a fight with a wild animal. But I wouldn’t call them injuries, and I’m hoping to get more…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Rock Band. It’s a ready-made party in a box.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. I think I made significant progress on my Renaissance project, and I feel great about it.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not appalled, but I’m a little sad that Koondog and I don’t really talk anymore. His birthday is tomorrow, though, and I plan on calling him and inviting him over.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Replacing the Air Conditioning was the biggest expense of 2007
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
This really cute girl who I think the world of…
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
One song? For a whole year? Don’t you know how much I love music? This is an impossible question. If I have to pick just one, I’ll say Nantes by Beirut. It reminds me of meeting Her, and I’ll totally gamble away my fright and time for Her.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier, by far
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Slightly richer, but dating is going to negate that. 😉
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d gone out more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas morning with my family, and enjoyed it immensely. I spent Christmas night with Strutter, and enjoyed that just as much.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, but I’m not allowed to say it until April. So shhhhh!
22. How many one-night stands?
Does a blowjob count? If so, one.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t watch much television, but I really enjoy the Heroes series.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate anyone in particular. I prefer to hate everyone equally, and not hate a select few.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. For the second time.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered several bands I’d never heard of before, thanks to Strutter. And I actually like them all.
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to feel better about myself. And I do.
28. What did you want and not get?
I think I got what I wanted.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Transformers (Should I be embarrassed by that?)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33, and I threw myself a party. It was the best birthday ever.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To want more than I got would be greedy, and I’m not greedy. The one thing I want more of will come in time, and it will be worth the wait. For now, I am content with my 42% of it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Ummm… Mookie doesn’t do fashion. I’ve been told my work clothes are “cute” though. (In Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with Nose Covered Up voice, “I’m cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!”)
33. What kept you sane?
Sanity is overrated. I’d much rather embrace my insanity and enjoy life to its fullest.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have to admit that Megan Fox made the “hottie list” after Transformers, but I deleted all pictures of her a couple of weeks ago because she just wasn’t quite as hot to me anymore…
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I usually don’t keep up with politics. Politicians are all crooked bastards with hidden agendas.
36. Who did you miss?
I don’t miss her anymore. I’ve let it go. I will never forget her, and I will always appreciate what she did for me, but I don’t need to carry a piece of her around anymore.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Have you not been reading at all? Strutter. Honorable mention goes to Phloxen and Mumbleman.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Be yourself. If you don’t like who you are, change that person, and be your new and improved self.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Be yourself, it’s all that you can do.” -Audioslave (HA! That was easy!)
40. So in as few words as possible, how would you sum up your year?
Excellent! (You said in as few words as possible. Don’t set stupid conditions and then complain when someone takes you literally.)
Rather than tag people, I will keep in line with the others I stole this from. If you want to fill it out, feel free to steal.